As a small business, you need to personalise your social media marketing strategy if you’re going to build strong and authentic relationships with followers.
This can be a little tricky, so here are a few tips to help you out:
Why do you need to personalise your social media marketing?
Before you set about personalising your social media marketing, you need to think about why you’re doing it. We have identified four key reasons why you should personalise your social media marketing:
- Build relationships with followers – The better the relationship, the more likely followers will convert to purchase further down the line.
- Set your business apart from the crowd – Whether it’s through a close relationship or quirky tone, a personalised approach to social media will help your business stand out to new customers.
- Establish you as an authority – By being part of public conversations about the industry, you’ll quickly become known for having solutions and insights worth reading. This will make you an obvious choice when it comes to purchase.
- Ensure relevancy – Consumers engage with content that addresses their needs. Only through a personalised strategy can you figure out their needs and desires, and address them directly.
These areas should be at the forefront of your mind when revamping your social media strategy. Remember them, and you’ll create a strong brand with a loyal customer base – sounds good, right?
How to personalise your social media marketing
1. Get to know your audience
You can’t personalise your strategy if you don’t know who it’s for.
Look through your client list, current followers and analytics software to identify key customer demographics. These will help you create realistic audience personas. Take note of:
- Family status
- Social media channels they use
Establish the key problems/issues you are solving for these specific clients, then plan to address them in your social media campaigns.
2. Target them
Once you’ve identified your audience, you can target them.
Carefully craft messages for each individual platform – but make sure you’re only targeting the ones your audience uses.
Time your content to fit in with their schedule; 3pm isn’t a good time for targeting parents as they might be on the school-run – try slightly before this when they’re stuck waiting in the car park.
3. Create a brand voice/style
There are lots of adjectives to choose from; professional, smart, concise, quirky, honest, sympathetic – you need to choose the ones that best fit your brand.
Try to make your style recognisable and engaging, so your audience will know it’s you. However, don’t go overboard – too colloquial or quirky might be off-putting.
4. Create engaging content and be responsive
Ask questions, hook followers in with interesting polls and start conversations centred around them, not just their problems.
This will help build relationships and make your customers feel comfortable communicating with you. When they do, make sure to respond as fast as possible; this will make them feel heard and valued, and nudge them down the sales funnel.
Replying in a timely manner with top-notch advice will also make you look good to prospective customers. Most social media profiles are public, your business is always on show – so get to work!
There you have it; four ways to personalise your social media marketing. Try them out today.
For help adding a personal touch to your social media profiles, get in touch with NS Design today!