A new infographic from Compete explores that way consumers behave when they access Twitter from their mobile phones – information that could affect the way your business uses Twitter to engage with your customer base.
Here are some of the key findings:
- 80% of UK users now access their Twitter account from their mobile devices
- 1 in 3 mobile Twitter users access their account on their commute to work
- 1 in 4 use it when they’re out shopping
- 67% of mobile users follow brands on Twitter
- A quarter of them follow an impressive 10+ brand accounts
- 50% of a brand’s followers are there to access customer service
- 45% of mobile users are likely to recommend a brand that they follow
There are two key lessons your business can draw from this new social media data. The first is that the timing of your tweets is important: e.g. if you’re targeting people who work in offices, consider scheduling your tweets for the times of day when they’re going to be travelling to or from work.
The second is that even though consumers may initially follow you to access customer service, you can turn them into a brand advocate if you respond in a prompt and helpful way to all their queries. And as we all know, there’s no better marketing method than word of mouth endorsements.