Instagram for business is the next big thing.
Here we’ll take a look at this app in detail, and help you decide whether it’s right for your business.
What is Instagram?
Instagram is a social networking app used to share photos and videos from a smartphone or tablet – you can’t upload from a desktop.
It’s a great way to show a more personal side to your business. The types of images businesses tend to share include:
- Product shots.
- Event snaps.
- Customer announcements.
- Behind-the-scenes pics of the office.
It’s really easy to use too! Like Twitter and Facebook, Instagram has:
- A profile – A place to tell people a little about your business and where your images are found.
- A newsfeed – A stream of photos/videos from the accounts you follow.
- Interactions – Comments, likes and tagging to promote engagement and spark conversations between you and your customers.
- Private messaging – A great tool for customers to connect with you directly.
Why should your business use it?
We all know that visual content is the best way to engage with your followers. Instagram only deals with images, so you can take advantage of this feature and build strong relationships between you and your customers.
Plus, 59% of internet users between the age of 18 and 29 use Instagram. So it’s a great way to tap into younger demographics. If your target market includes this age group, you should consider using Instagram for business.
It’s also easy to integrate into your social media strategy. You can share images directly from the app to other channels like Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr.
The filters and hi-tech photo editor allow you to create high-quality images every time, for free! It’s a bit of a no-brainer really!
Using Instagram for business
So, we’ve covered what and why, here’s the how!
Setting up Instagram
- Download the app, create a free account using your Facebook profile and tap “Settings”.
- Select “Switch to Business Profile” and select your business’ Facebook page to link the two together.
- Review the contact info and bio brought across on the “Set Up Your Business Profile Page”. Make any changes needed and tap “done”.
- Plan your pictures in advance, take them on your smartphone, and upload them through the editor. Simple!
Instagram’s business tools
Instagram is introducing business tools to help companies understand their followers and grow their business. Here are few:
By simply allowing businesses to add valuable contact information and links to your site, the platform has now made it even easier for customers to interact with businesses.
Go to your profile, click the bar chart and see which posts are performing best through different analytics, including:
- Website clicks.
- Profile views.
- Follower age, gender, and location.
Promote your best performing posts in just a few clicks. Decide on your target audience, budget, and duration, and Instagram will do the rest.
So that’s it – a few ways that Instagram for business can give your social media strategy a boost! Why not try it today?
Need help with promoting your social media images on Instagram? Get in touch with NS Design today!