The SQA Diploma in Digital Marketing is delivered in partnership between NSDesign and Training Matters, and has been specifically designed to maximise the potential and professionalise the role of those involved with digital marketing within organisations.
Achieve a nationally recognised professional qualification
The blended learning programme offers a methodical approach to the development of digital marketing skills by utilising an online portfolio support system allowing candidates to work at their own pace, at the most convenient time and location for themselves. This system also encourages online communication between candidates encouraging the exchange of good practice between professionals. All online programmes are supported by tutorials and coaching.
The aims of the Digital Marketing Diploma are to:
- build a competent digital marketing workforce in Scotland, providing organisations of all sizes across all sectors with the staff needed to increase productivity and efficiency
- develop the skills to utilise digital marketing techniques to grow businesses
- tap into the skills and talents of a diverse population by providing flexible entry routes into a career in digital marketing
- equip individuals with the skills, knowledge and experience needed to undertake digital marketing roles in a range of business settings
- Upgrade the skill levels of existing staff
- Achieve a nationally recognised professional qualification – The SQA Diploma in Digital Marketing at SCQF Level 6
The proven benefits of the programme have been:
- Development of efficient and effective digital marketing practices
- Increased turnover
- Increased awareness of latest digital marketing techniques
- Increased use of available technology to improve current working practices
The Diploma in Digital Marketing provides learners with a qualification that demonstrates underpinning knowledge and evidence of competence in digital marketing.
The qualification modules include: understanding the business environment; understanding legal, regulatory and ethical requirements in sales or marketing; search engine marketing; using collaborative technologies; digital marketing metrics and analytics; content marketing; image and video creation, principles of social media within a business and much more…. You can view a full list of modules (both mandatory, and optional) via the SQA website here.
The recruitment and selection of this programme is primarily the responsibility of the employer. However, the following guidance is given:
- There is no age limit to undertaking this qualification
- All participants must be in employment
- No previous academic qualifications are required although a level of literacy and IT literacy is essential
- Participants must be in a position to actually work on digital marketing activities within their workplace
- Most important attribute is the commitment to develop and achieve
A full training needs analysis will be carried out with both the employer and the candidate prior to acceptance on the programme.
The full programme will consist of a mixture of the following depending on needs and units selected –
- Online portfolios
- Individual coaching
- Delivered workshops
- Online learning
- Practical based evidence
- Projects and case studies
- Observations and questioning
The programme normally takes between 12-18 months to complete
Given the priority that the Scottish Government are putting on the need to develop digital marketing skills, this programme is fully funded for all eligible participants through the Skills Development Scotland Modern Apprenticeship programme, and as such (with the exception of a small admin/registration fee) the Diploma in Digital Marketing will cost the candidate, and their employer – nothing!
Get in touch with Gary Ennis, Qualified trainer and lead coach on the diploma, and he’ll walk you through any questions, discuss suitability for the candidate, and explain the next steps to move forward with the programme. Our next induction date (for new candidates) is likely to be summer 2019.