Digital marketing technology provider Silverpop has released their predictions for the direction of the industry over the coming year. Their new e-book, entitled ‘6 Key Marketing Trends for 2013 and Tips for Succeeding in the Year of the Customer’, identifies six areas of digital marketing that could be important over the next twelve months:
- The use of big data for small businesses
- The investment in unified marketing platforms focused on customer behaviours
- The importance of content marketing
- The expectation of a mobile friendly experience
- The prevalence of social conversation in every channel
- The need for individualised services for buyers
The predictions cover a variety of different areas of digital marketing, from the social to the organisational, but ultimately, these trends all revolve around one essential aspect – the consumer.
Bryan Brown, director of product strategy at Silverpop, commented: “Delivering timely, personalised and relevant messages to buyers is crucial in today’s customer-driven sales process. It’s time for marketers to stop sending messages when it’s convenient for them, and start reacting to their buyers behaviours. In 2013, focusing on the customer will be crucial. To develop the most rewarding, long-term relationships that lead to increased conversions and higher revenue, marketers must be willing to let their buyers be their guide.”
What are your predictions for the marketing trends of 2013?