If you’re a small business owner, email marketing can be an extremely effective, low cost promotional tool. Email marketing is a great way to keep your business in the minds of your customers – and prospective customers – until they are ready to buy.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at 10 email marketing statistics that can help your small business position future campaigns for success.
1) In 2019, click-through rates for emails sent in the UK increased by 1.5% as marketers began distributing more engaging content with language that creates a greater sense of urgency and the fear of missing out.
2) Also in 2019, unsubscribing rates fell from 2.4% to 2.2% as marketers began making more transparent, personalised content while following through with claims to give customers an incentive to remain subscribed to their email lists.
3) Globally, 3.9 billion people reported using their email account frequently in 2019, but this figure is expected to increase to 4.3 billion by 2023. As more and more potential customers create email accounts, it is becoming essential to use email as a marketing tool.
4) 87% of small business marketing teams use email marketing to distribute their content, which makes email the third most popular platform for promotion. Social media marketing is the most popular method, at 91%, and company blogs and websites are second, at 89%.
5) 32% of marketers participate in paid collaborations to distribute content to their partners’ email addresses rather than promoting it organically.
6) 81% of small and medium-sized businesses rely on email as their main driver of customer acquisition and 80% rely on email for customer retention. Studies show that email marketing is more effective than paid search, social media and organic search when it comes to customer retention and acquisition as it has a more direct impact on customer habits.
7) The average rate of customers opening welcome emails is 82%, which is incredibly useful if you’re working on growing your audience.
8) Personalised emails (with the customers’ names, a topic of interest or your chosen industry) generate 50% higher opening rates than the average welcome email.
9) Sending three follow-up emails for abandoned carts generates 69% more orders than sending just one email. Abandoned cart emails are the most effective email marketing method for boosting revenue.
10) Promotional emails with videos can generate a 300% increase in click-through rates.
We hope these 10 email marketing statistics have helped demonstrate how much potential there is to promote your small business with this method.
If you’re looking for help with your small business marketing strategy, we would love to welcome you onto one of our online training programmes. Please feel welcome to give us a call on 0141 737 0178 or email email@example.com with any questions.